EPGP AWARDS AND LOOT DISTRIBUTION
EPGP AWARDS AND LOOT DISTRIBUTION
This is an update to the system for the new raiding season in Cataclysm and takes effect from December 7th 2010.
EPGP will be used in ALL guild-run raids (10 and 25-man) where the membership of the raid is 100% guild members.
In this system:
* EP (Effort Points) are awarded for things like raid attendance, boss kills, etc. See the award details below.[/li]
* GP (Gear Points) are the value a piece of loot has and is assigned to a player who wins an item. Details of this value can be found here: http://www.wowwiki.com/EPGP
* PR (Priority Rating) is the ratio of EP to GP and effectively give you a numerical value of how likely you are to get the next item. The formula is PR=EP/GP.
* Min GP is an arbitrary value given to all members, and is the minimum GP score anyone will ever have (because if this ever gets close to or becomes 0, your PR shoots up beyond reasonable expectations!)
* Min EPis the minimum number of EP you need to earn before you qualify for being assigned gear at a normal priority (to stop recruits having the same priority as long standing members).
* Decay is the amount by which both EP and GP decay on a weekly basis. Thus, people who raided in old raid, but then took a long break, will no longer have a higher priority than someone who has attended a recent raid.
Full details of the system can be found here: http://www.epgpweb.com/help/system
We assign the following Effort Point values:
* 2000 EP for a Boss Kill.
* 250 EP for a Boss Wipe.
* 250 EP for every 30mins in the Raid.
* Bonus EP for a Guild First Boss Kill or Raid-Related Achievement (Raid Leaders discretion).
* Base GP will be 500 GP.
* Min EP will be set to 10,000EP. Therefore new members will have to be present for the equivalent of around 4 boss kills before benefitting from normal loot priority.
* Decay will be set at 10%.
The system was reset on the 26th November 2010. The top 50 raiders (based upon EP i.e. Their total effort and attendance) were awarded bonus EP to begin the new system with. This bonus ranged from 10,000 to 28,000 EP depending on their top 50 ranking.
BE WARNED! If you leave the guild (even as a joke) we will lose the record of the EPGP value. We are under no obligation to restore these. Some people might even consider doing this in order to reset or exploit thier EPGP values. I wouldn't... Officers can quite happily award Gear Points to you, effectively reducing your Priority Rating.
When Bind-On-Pickup loot drops, members who want the item should state "NEED" or "GREED" in the Raid Chat. Members who "NEED" will have their PR rating compared, and the highest value will win the item. If nobody has selected "NEED" then the process repeats for people who said "GREED". If the item still hasn't been won, then it will be disenchanted.
Please Note: You can only "NEED" on your highest armour class. i.e. A Paladin cannot "NEED" on Mail, but could "GREED". A Shaman can't "NEED" on Cloth, etc. And we really, really don't recommend that you use these pieces of armour anyway because of armour specialisation bonuses.
The following notes should be taken into account when looting:
* If you "NEED" an item it will cost 100% of its GP Value.
* If you "GREED" an item it will cost 10% of its GP Value.
* Bags, Mounts, Pets, Patterns/Receipies and Quest Items will be rolled on as per our rolling rules.
* Keys (such as the Key to the Eye of Eternity) will be awarded to the Raid Leader or to other Officers as a priority, before being rolled upon as above.
* Token cost will be decided at a later date but could be as high as 1000GP.
Bind-On-Equip loot will be sent to the Guild Bank for auction and the Guild Master will announce the details of this at the end of the raid. Rare or Epic Crafting materials that drop in a raid instance will also be sent to the Guild Bank.
In the event that there are any non-guild members of the raid, loot assignment will be via rolls (see below). However: EP will still be awarded to Guild Members, and GP will still be assigned to guild members that win loot via roll.
When we have to use a different distribution system (i.e. not an official guild raid, or we are not running with 100% guild members) loot distribution will be via rolls. Rolls will be announced for Main Spec, and then should the item not have been assigned, Off Spec. If no-one wants it, then it will be disenchanted if possible.
Please Note: No joke roles, double rolls, or early rolls. People who insist on rolling before an item has been annouced, using /roll 100-100 or rolling twice because one of their rolls was low, will risk the wrath of the Guild/Raid Leader. Getting no gear and being kicked from the raid would be the least of your worries.
Care will be taken to try and spread loot out to as many people as possible. Therefore if have already won Main Spec loot during the current raid, you will be ineligible for further loot, unless no-one else requires for main spec.
Strange things do happen though, and we'll try to deal with these as fairly as possible. e.g. Paladin and Death Knight tanks roll on a nice tanking Chest from one boss. The Paladin wins, so he/shee cannot now roll on the Unique Epic Bag that has also dropped from that boss (unless everyone else already has one!) At the next boss, a tanking Shield drops, but as the other tank can't even use it, the Paladin can take it for Main Spec. If another tanking item drops that the Death Knight can use, they will get it without any further questions!
Other loot rules about Keys, Armour Classes, etc still apply.
Loot standings to be found HERE: http://www.epgpweb.com/guild/eu/Anachronos/All%20Nuke%20Skull/
Last modified by Jhonntae at 01/01/2011 05:15 PM.
Originally created at 19/11/2009 05:24 PM.